montreal stuff
restos a-z
restos by cuisine
critics' picks
montreal stuff
Search this site  

Tourist Stuff cont.
Personal Identification (from other countries)

All persons visiting Canada from other countries must be in possession of a valid passport unless they are United States citizens or legal, permanent residents of the United States. It is the responsibility of the visitor, before entering Canada, to ensure that he or she has the required documents, including those for entry into another country or reentry into his or her own country.

Personal Baggage
Clothing and goods for personal use by the visitor during their stay in Canada are admitted free of duty. Limited quantities of tobacco products may be brought in duty free by persons over 18 in most provinces but 19 in Newfounland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Ontario an British Columbia. With alcoholic beverages, persons must be 18 in Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec but 19 in other provinces. Items such as cameras, tape recorders, computers or sporting equipment should be registered with the customs service in the traveler's country of residence prior to departure to prove they were purchased before entering Canada.

Gifts, excluding tobacco, aIcoholic beverages and advertising matter brought into or mailed to Canada by non-residents may be allowed free entry if the value of gift or gifts for any one recipient from any one donor does not exceed $60. Gifts valued at more than $60. are subject to regular duty and taxes on the excess value.

Customs Declaration
For information on regulations for re-entry into the United States, contact the nearest United States Office of the District Director of Customs.

[ Home ][ Restaurants A-Z ][ Restaurants by Cuisine ][ Flavourguy ][ Reviewers ]
[ Resources ]
[ Links ][ Critics' Picks ][ Montreal Stuff ][ About ][ Contact ][ Cooking ]